Niton Community School is the heart of Niton Junction. The community is located approximately 45 kilometers east of Edson, Alberta and 150 kilometers west of Edmonton along the Yellowhead Highway. The school itself is located about 500 meters north along North Niton Road from the junction. The school itself is a K-9 facility with approximately 160 students, 9 teaching staff, and 10 support staff. We also host the Green Grove Public Library in our building, Green Grove swimming pool, and local outdoor skating rink which are all operated by our community partners.
Niton Central School is UNESCO Associated Schools Project School. We have been granted the priviledge of flying the UNESCO flag because Niton Central School:
- addresses world concerns,
- promotes character and citizenship education
- develops global citizens for the future
- makes a difference locally and globally
- is a support for student inquiry and social studies curriculum.
- After School Program K - 6
- Hot Lunch is every Thursday from Oct. to May Each meal costs $3.00
- Club Moo - students may have milk delivered to their classroom everyday if they wish.
- Green Grove Public Library is housed in the school. Hours of operation are M,T,W, 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. & Thurs. from 12:30 - 8:00 p.m.
- Green Grove Public Swimming Pool is open to the public from May long weekend to August. Students take swimming for gym classes in May & June.